Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Eve teasing and Molestation

Recently a person had approached me, asking, "I am a bit worried about police case against my daughter and I am trying for a compromise... She had been molested (... incident....), and she, with her friends had beaten up the boy at his residence. And he had gone in for police case..."

I gave my inputs to help out the mental state of the girl. There is some story from both sides.

Even when I met her, she was not properly (socially acceptable) dressed. That is the culture in Bangalore. It was triggered, with a bunch of girls making some casual funny remarks on a normal office going person. He in turn got agitated, being raised so religiously, got hold of her dress and slapped her.

Solution was ....

I think a simple sorry from both sides (Sorry I know it is hard for a girl, would bring down the ill effects of media attention).

Still that guy has not withdrawn the case of trespassing. The girls side, is yet to accept facts.

Things are different in Kolkata, where in 80's my sister slapped a person, who made lewd comments in a bus stop and lots of comrades together trashed that person. No police case.

1 comment:

Vinitha said...

Well said. Sorry has power.

Women should not tempt or be the first to abuse.