Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Amitabh and his blog and Maharastrian sentiments!

Today I read on Amitabh Bachchan's blog, about what he has gone and going though about the Maharastrians sentiments.

Amitabh's latest blog....

Being a born Marati - first settlers of that land is my community - I felt sad on seeing the politicians, running amock. First they should set their house in order, removed caste-ism and help poor.

Here is my response to him...

***********************************************************************************

Dear Amitabh Sir

I am humbled by your gesture and feel sad on what your family is going through.

I am a born Maharastrian in a Dalit family, and my dad was driven out just because of ill-treatment (should not have studied or opt for a better job) in the same land centuries ago ancestors settled.

I grew up in Kolkatta, and my family owes all the happiness that we got to WB. Of course we do not forget our roots.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards
Ramesh

***********************************************************************************

No comments: