Friday, September 19, 2008

Indians and English

I understand that being Indian, shows that we are all good in English. There was a heated argument with me, my friend and a lady who happens to be in the Cable TV.

What is wrong with the word Skimpy to describe the word skimpy as in wrong dress?

This was about the dressing sense, and she wearing tight pink pants, showing panties. She was co-hosting/anchoring a show in the Tamil Cable TV Channel. (the explanation to say, don't wear tight pink pants). Well the shows producer and director are known to my friend and he has already taken corrective actions.

I worded the comment as Skimpy, the typical term, I am used since my USA days describing inappropriate dressing for an occasion. When I was in government dress, I have sent official memo's to ladies (within the gamit of the work involved being Skimpy!)

We don't need to apologize to that lady! What the fu*k?

Like anchor Gopinath in Neeya Naana says always, "It is a Hobson's Choice". You say one thing, you get beaten up, you say other you get beaten up. Catch-22. This was told by my friend.

Imagine for a guy with near perfect English credentials getting banged by a rotten lady!

Criticism and comments are part of public life! You should not tread on others....

No comments: